I do not usually put entries into our blog about our homeschool activities because I create a year-end album, however, I decided it might actually make that project go quicker at the end of the year if I post some of the pictures here and journal about our activities, then it will just be a matter of cutting and pasting.
 |
| In addition to reading about the history of St. Patrick (sold into slavery as a young boy and grew up to become a follower of Jesus that returned to the country he was held captive to spread the gospel), we also did a few fun crafts, snacks, and activities this week to help celebrate St. Patrick's Day. |
 |
| Rainbow Art with scraps of colored paper. Love the huge stash of random craft materials I have collected over the years - I knew the pre-cut scraps of paper would come in handy for something one of these days. |
 |
Our green smoothie that included pineapple, green grapes, frozen apples, yogurt, and spinach
(and whatever else the kiddos decided to toss in). Yummy!! |
 |
Science Day with Grandpa - OOBLECK
The project started inside and it was quickly realized it was more of an outdoor project. |
 |
| For those that have not played with Oobleck before - this stuff is so interesting and literally the kids played with it for hours. It is a solid, I mean a liquid, or wait is it a solid. See the following pictures to see what I am talking about. Big Sister even thought it tasted good?? Just corn starch and water. |
 |
| Form a ball... |
 |
| and then let is melt out of your hands. |
 |
| Pours like water, but you can break it off mid pour. |
 |
| Then we added a little vibration and it took off dancing! A little loud, but lots of fun! |
 |
| Big Sister with her hearing protection and face covered in Oobleck! |
 |
| Thursdays activity was making rainbow rice - so easy and the kids were able to help. I did four cups of rice, 3 Tablespoons of vinegar and then about 6-7 drops of food coloring in a freezer bag. Kiddos squished it around for awhile and there is your rainbow rice. |
 |
| The kids made some beautiful "rice" art - I just glued the tops on. |
 |
I decided to add in some "gold" so the kids could scoop and search for it.
Again, one of those supplies I have had on hand that came in handy when I needed it. |
 |
| Friday I made rainbow pancakes (just a drop or two of coloring was I used). |
 |
And couldn't leave out the green eggs (friend's idea of blending the eggs with spinach before cooking).
The kids loved them. |
No comments:
Post a Comment